Choconugs Honey Toast Recipe
A local favorite with a twist of Choconugs, our Honey Toast recipe satiates all flavor cravings! This savory, buttery-filled toast comes with ice cream, sprinkled with Choconugs crumbs, and finished with artisan honey.
What you'll need (Ingredients)
- ½ loaf Japanese bread unsliced
- 1- 1/8th bag choconugs
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2-4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 .
- Hollow out inside of the loaf keeping all 4 walls attached. You will have a rectangle of soft white bread
- Heat butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Cut the soft middle into cubes.
- Toss the cubes in the pan to cover liberally with butter. Then remove and set on the side.
- Add the hollowed bread to the pan to coat the outside with butter.
- On a sheet pan, space the bread evenly so it can all toast.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes till slightly golden.
- Crush Choconugs to desired size.
- Mix into the honey.
- Take out and place loaf on the center of the plate.
- Fill loaf with cubes and ice cream scoops.
- Garnish with the Choconugs Honey mixture and serve while warm.